Kankinya is Aboriginal for 'affection'
Kankinya is a private pre-school established in January 1970.
Welcome to Kankinya, a private pre-school established in Jan 1970. I hope the following information will be of some help. Kankinya is Aboriginal for ‘affection’.
9.00am – 3.00pm short day $55
8.00am – 4.00pm long day $65… (permanent bookings)
2 days Mon/Tues or Thurs/Fri
3 days Mon/Tues/Wed or Wed/Thurs/Fri
4 days Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri
5 days Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri
Program: Educational and social program designed for school readiness.
Clothing: Comfortable clothing is recommended at all times so that the children can manage independently.
What to bring:
1 x set fitted cot sheets
1 x bottle for rest time.(2yr olds only)
1 x change of clothes
1 x ‘comforter’ for rest time
1 x sun hat (legionnaire type preferable)
1 x beanie (winter)
Morning tea and lunch. Sandwiches and fruit recommended. Please no junk food. If sent it will be returned for afternoon tea on your way home.
We try to develop healthy eating habits. Water Bottle for outside use etc
ALL ITEMS TO BE LABELLED WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME.
- Fees are payable whether children attend or not and are strictly in advance. No make up days are available if your child does not attend due to sickness or holidays.
- A fortnight’s notice is to be given if the child is to be withdrawn from the centre or when reducing the number of days originally booked or fees will be charged for this period.
- Children must arrive and leave through the ‘big’ room. Sign on book will be near the office.
- Short day operates from 9.00am – 3.00pm . Children arriving outside these hours will be charged as long days.
- Copy of both birth certificate and immunisations is required for our records.
Fees Long day x 1= $60 Short day x 1= $50
- A non-refundable booking fee of $100 is payable per family with the initial enrolment
- Fees are based on the school term and as such any public holidays falling as part of the term are included as part of your payment. There are no makeup days for the said public holidays nor for any days missed.
- Casual Long Days $15.00 am and/or $15.00pm
We are now registered as long day care as well with NCAC. And obtaining CCMS software
A child suffering from infectious complaints eg measles, mumps, chicken pox, severe coughs and colds must not attend the pre-school and will require a doctor’s clearance before returning.
Holidays: Kankinya is closed for the duration of the summer break. From end of year school closure ‘til after the Australia day holiday in January.
Please do not hesitate to call us on 9522 5401 for more information or to make a time view our preschool.
I LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING YOU AT 'KANKINYA'. Annette S Mutch